If you found this study meaningful, please consider sending an offering directly to Cove Presbyterian Church, 3404 Main Street, Weirton, West Virginia or through PayPal.
The History of the Divisions
- Initially, the “church” was a collection of groups united by a shared focus and practice.
- This situation changed when the church was recognized and later made central by the Roman Empire.
- The situation changed again with the fall of the Roman Empire in the west.
- The situation change again in the mid-1400s with the introduction of paper and movable type.
- As people interpret on their own, they come to different conclusions and some of the conclusions are reactions to interpretations.
The Reasons for Divisions
- Theological Divisions
- Ethnic and National Divisions
- Divisions Related to the Role of Emotions and Reason
- Focus of Worship